If you're on the lookout for a book that will grip you from start to finish, then go get a copy of Stieg Larsson's "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo." This book caused me to wake up late for several days because it took a lot of willpower to put it down at bedtime. It's that good. 

The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo is the first in Larsson's trilogy called "Millenium", the second being The Girl Who Played With Fire and third, The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest. It's actually one long, riveting story chopped into three. So I strongly advise that you start with the Dragon book if you want to start reading it. 



Now, there are portions in the books that are a bit long-winded and sometimes, too academic in its storytelling. Larsson, who was a journalist, probably got a little carried away. But all in all, I truly enjoyed the trilogy. Larsson's talent lies in making his characters sound almost very real, like they're not just characters in a book but actual human beings.

Forgive me if I can't put into captivating words just why I love the trilogy. Now is one of those times when I'm  in the mood to blog but words seem to escape me right now. I guess you'll just have to take my word for it and read the books.

Oh, one reason why I enjoyed the book is because I tend to get drawn to books (and movies) that have journalists for its characters. Plus the book is written by a journalist too - a journalist who: a) once witnessed the gang rape of a girl during his teen years and he named the books' heroine after that girl, Lisbeth; b) was so guilty that he was not able to do something to save that girl; and d) died just before his books were printed.

All that make up for a recipe I just couldn't resist.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Say hello! :-) Feel free to drop me a line or two. Or more. :-)